Starting something new is often daunting, it is very often the hardest part. Unfortunately people in most need tend to be the ones who find it hardest to seek help. Although I can’t directly help anyone to take that first step for themselves, I am hoping that some of the following information might help to ease some of the concerns you may have.
Firstly, I offer a FREE CONSULTATION. Once you book it, there is no obligation from you other than to show up and find out what I am about, and if what I offer is what you need. No tricks from me to tie you in to anything. I do not want to sell you something you don’t need or want. So instead of the intimidating prospect of committing to a month of training, take the simple first step to find out if it is something that will work for you.
Secondly, I take pride in what I do. I am a personal trainer because I discovered what a difference purposeful exercise can make to one’s mental and physical well being and I want to help as many people as I can live happier and healthier lives.
The following is a list of some common perceived barriers to making a start.
- You are not beyond help. No matter what level you are at today, there is always something we can do to improve tomorrow. Whatever you feel is limiting you from taking that first step, to becoming a healthier. happier you, I’m sure it can be overcome. If you are unsure feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. If I feel I can’t help I will do my utmost to point you in the direction of someone who can.
- You do not need to get a little fitter before you start going to the gym, that’s my job. We will start at the start, at your level, and build from there.
- You are never too old to start. One of my all-time favourite quotes is from George Bernard Shaw, “We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing”
- Some people consider themselves, not “gym people”. I understand that, I would rather be taking in the sights on top of a mountain myself. However once you feel capable and confident in your ability in the gym, you will no longer be negative about or intimidated by the prospect of training, you will merely see it as a way of enriching the rest of your life.
- If you are suffering with chronic musculoskeletal pain, you may think that it is a doctor or physio you need to work with until it is resolved. While hands on treatment can be a crucial component in treatment, it is often not enough. As many of these issues arise from movement dysfunction, movement retraining absolutely needs to be part of the solution.
- Ladies, I think the misconception of getting big and bulky from lifting weights is slowly being dispelled. But just in case, let me reiterate- you will not get big and bulky! Just think, if it was that easy, why are there so many skinny guys in gyms taking up valuable mirror space flexing?!
- If you believe the service to be expensive, I understand it is not cheap. I do however know it is reflective of the service provided and is probably one of the best investments you could make in your physical and mental well-being.